Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Top Rated Educational Apps from ISTE 2012 and "Shlogin"

After a little pre-conference sightseeing and the ISTE Unplugged'd SocialEdCon,   I attended the SocialEdCon After-Party hosted by StudyBlue at the Marriott Marquee in San Diego. What a great group of people I met!  In fact I kept running into the same faces all during the conference, which made me feel right at home.  I met the friendly Jerrilyn Jacobs, a Media Arts Educator from Encino, California and we spent quite awhile together sharing our experiences and challenges with multimedia projects. We had a chance to app-share with each other and the rest of the crowd and Zach Galin just released the list of top apps that all us educators and business people voted as the most critical to what we do.  If you don't know these, perhaps you should. At least 4 are always at the top of my own list. Here they are... don't forget to check out the honorable mentions at the bottom.  I will be looking into the apps I currently am not familiar with to see what I am missing.




Also of note was the incredible opportunity afforded us by Startup Weekend. Educators were pitching the rest of us their 1 minute appeals for products or services that they think  need developing for our market. It was truly hysterical, but most ideas were valid.  We voted on 5 teams won the opportunity to attend a StartUp Weekend to develop the ideas they came up with that we voted on.  My favorite idea did not get picked, it was for "Shlogin,"  an app that would allow at least 5 users to login on an ipad or tablet;  tell me that is not desperately needed! We have students that change the settings on each other all the time. The winners had great ideas, but that was the one I was yelling for.  I included a picture of that teacher, it is a little blurry, but I was cheering pretty hard. Next year I hope to get a chance to try my own ideas out on the crowd.  I would love to be part of another startup.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it clean, I will remove posts with unsavory language or content.