Sunday, July 1, 2012

Google and more at ISTE 2012

Google in education was all over the place at ISTE 2012 and I didn't mind making a fool of myself taking this picture.  I was lucky enough to meet some fabulous educators from Canada at the Google for Educators event at Wine Steals wine bar in the East Village.  It was a very sticky floor downstairs where all the youngkins were playing the quizzes, but upstairs on the deck was where the true action was.  As well as free eats and libations, there was lots of networking. The most fun people we met that evening were Shelagh Lim and Kevin Amboe from Surrey Schools in British Columbia. Shelagh is a STEM integrationist, who I just really needed to meet, while my friend Ann was whooping it up with Kevin, the technology integrationist. Hopefully, we can share ideas between our districts. I have never been much for networking, it takes me a while to warm up to new people, but since I traveled so far...  I decided I like it after all.  We met so many interesting people that I wouldn't want to have missed the opportunities. The view from the deck was incredible, it is a perfect place to catch the Padres playing in Petco Park. We did find a Jersey Girl at the Google event, she was from Ocean City but may never leave sunny San Diego.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it clean, I will remove posts with unsavory language or content.